Friday, February 1, 2013

Artist: Yulia Brodskaya


Yulia Brodskaya is an innovative artist, originally from Moscow, now residing in the UK.  Her creative interests include textile painting, origami, collage, as well as traditional fine arts.  She enjoys a variety of experimentation and often explores new possibilities.  Her ingenious paper illustrations have helped Yulia to gain international recognition and an extensive list of clients.  Along with this, her work has been featured in a large selection of magazines and in a variety of books.

When speaking of her work Brodskaya is passionate and honest…
“I believe that one of the main reasons I enjoy the paper craft, is due to my love of the material: paper. Although I've always had a special fascination for paper, it has taken me a while to find my own way of working with it; and then it took a little longer to find out that the technique I have been using so intensively is called quilling - it involves the use of strips of paper that can be rolled, shaped, and glued to the background.”

            I find her work to be highly inspirational as well as motivational. Not only is Yulia’s art captivating and eye catching, but it is also expressive and holds my interest.  Specifically, when looking at her “PAPERgraphic” work I am enamored, intrigued, and wish to know more about the artist and her process.  Although each piece bares her signature style, separately they each evoke a feeling all their own.



No comments:

Post a Comment